The Golden Rules...
Golden is a community that wholeheartedly welcomes the mountain biking culture and the experts from the Golden Cycling Club have created some of the best trail systems in Western Canada.
With over 100km of single track cross country trails on the Mountain Shadows, Moonraker and CBT Mainline trail systems, there is something for everyone from easy-to-ride smooth flowing trails to gnarly downhill. Ride the trail systems independently, or connect all three for an epic ride, and with easy access from downtown, there will be beer and food at pubs, restaurants and cafes waiting at the end of the day.
Golden is blessed with Mount 7, one of the finest and most challenging downhill systems in Canada. Mount 7 was host to Psychosis, an annual event which evolved into the steepest, longest and fastest downhill mountain bike race in the world. Those trails are still available for the hard-core downhillers, but make sure you get a ride to the top if you don’t care for the uphill grunt.
For more downhill riding head over to Kicking Horse Mountain Resort. After a cushy gondola ride up, get ready for an epic 10 km long downhill.
With such large amounts of varied trails and terrain, Golden is fast becoming a hot spot on the biking events stage. For more details on events go to our events calendar.
Free copies of the Golden Bike Trail maps are available to view or order online or at many locations in Golden.
For more information on Golden, restaurants, activities and accommodations, please visit www.TourismGolden.com
Golden really does have something for everyone to enjoy and we invite you to discover why Golden continues to grow as a top destination in BC.
GOLDEN CYCLING CLUB – The Golden Cycling Club (GC2) is a dedicated corps of local riders who do all the dirty work of land use agreements, trail planning, building, and maintenance. If you are a visiting rider, be aware that out-of-town members and casual user contributions to the GC2 are encouraged, to help keep the wicked riding in Golden good for all. So pick up yer trail maps at one of the great local bike shops, and kick down some petty cash for the box at the base of Mt. 7.
FAST FACTS – Golden is situated in the Kootenay region of south-eastern British Columbia, and lies between two mountain ranges – the Columbia Mountains (sub ranges: Selkirk and Purcell) and the Rocky Mountains, and at the junction of two heritage rivers – the Columbia River and the Kicking Horse River.
- Kicking Horse Mountain resort is located 15 minutes from Golden and is renowned for some of the best downhill biking in the region.
- Mount 7 was the location of the legendary Psychosis race, 1998 to 2008. This was the steepest, longest and fastest downhill mountain bike race in the world. Summit elevation: 1942 metres (6,372 ft) Trail head elevation: 800 metres (2,625 ft)
- Kicking Horse Mountain Resort is the highest bike park in Canada at 2,450 metres (8,033 ft). Longest descent in Canada at 1200 metres (4000 ft).
- Cross Country Mountain Bike Trails systems are Moonraker, CBT Mainline and Mountain Shadows. Over 100 km of maintained single track cross country trails. The 9 km ‘CBT Mainline’ trail links the town of Golden to the Moonraker system.
- Rotary Trails are a 7 km circular ride on maintained trails around Golden – One easy ride for the whole family.
By Car – Golden is smack dab in the middle of some of the most stunning land in the world. And thanks to its location right on Trans-Canada Highway 1, access to Golden from east or west is super easy. Then there is Hwy 95, which begins in Golden and heads south to the US border. Beyond the border, Interstate 95 continues through Idaho, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona and all the way down to the US-Mexico border.
Address: 1500 Kicking Horse Trail
The Bike Park opens o Read more [...]
In Golden, BC there’s Read more [...]
Golden is known Read more [...]
Address: 9 Ave N
In the heart of Canad Read more [...]
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.