After being cooped up for so long many are turning to trails to get a healthy dose of fresh air and exercise. As a result, the trails are busy! Here are a few tips to help keep you and other trail users safe during the COVID 19 pandemic.
- Stay local and avoid crowded parks and trails
- Plan to ride during less busy times
- Don’t linger and avoid gathering in groups
- Bike solo or only with members of your household
- Keep at least 2 metres (6 feet) from others when not riding
- Allow at least 10 metres (30 feet) of space when following another rider and provide at least 2 metres (6 feet) of space when passing another rider
- When taking breaks, move well off the trail
- Practice low-risk riding
- Wash or sanitize hands after touching communal surfaces like gates or garbage bins
- Stay home if you are feeling sick, especially if you are coughing or experiencing a fever
- Stay informed and respect trail closures when posted
Please act responsibly when using the trails and support your local trail association by purchasing a membership or by making a donation.
Thank you and stay healthy!