Cariboo and South Chilcotin Road Trip
14 Day Itinerary based on “Circle the Wagons – Exploring the Cariboo”
Access: Start in Vancouver / End in Vancouver
Total duration: 9-14 days
Total distance: 1700 kms (1050 miles)
This itinerary stops in many popular riding destinations in BC’s Cariboo Chilcotin region. The initial drive from Vancouver to Wells takes you through the spectacular Fraser Canyon then to the Cariboo Plateau. This route retraces many of the routes taken during the Gold Rush era of the mid-19th century. Forestry and tourism have now become the main industries and mountain biking is one of the more popular ways to enjoy the incredible landscapes found here.
Day 1 -2 Wells / Barkerville
- Ride the historic trails used by early prospectors during the Gold Rush. Check with Wells Barkerville Mountain Trails for maps, suggested routes, and conditions. Note: Bikes are not allowed in the Barkerville Historic site.
- Be sure to step back in time and stroll through the historic town of Barkerville, a national historic site.
- For great food try the Bears Paw Café in Wells or the famous Lung Duck Tong in Barkerville.
Day 3-5 Williams Lake
- Ride Fox Mountain trails overlooking Williams Lake including the new Chief William XC trail which connects with the Chief Will-yum Campground.
- For some downhill fun check out Snakes and Ladders in the Westsyde Trail Network or So Long in the Desous Trail Network.
- Heathy eats at Smashin Smoothies and great breakfast or lunch at the Gecko Tree.
Day 5-6 100 Mile House
- Check out the fast flowy XC trails of 108 Mile.
- The Spruce Hills Resort (formerly The Hills) offers great cabins, excellent food, and a spa
- In 100 Mile House, Stormrider is a little known fun dh trail just south of town starting 2.4 km up Ainsworth Road.
- Great coffee and treats at the Chartreuse Moose in 100 Mile House.
Day 6-9 South Chilcotin
- Remote epic rides in South Chilcotin Park
- Tyax Adventures offers guided rides and a float plane shuttle
- Tyax Resort on Tyaughton Lake is the perfect place to relax after a wilderness adventure
- Visit the tiny villages and ghost towns in the Bridge River Valley
Day 10-13 Whistler
- Ride the Whistler Valley trails or the world renown Whistler Mountain Bike Park
- Stroll the Whistler Village for great shopping and dining experiences
- After a day in the saddle relax and go for a dip at Lost Lake Park
- Great breakfasts at Lift Coffee Company in Whistler Village
- Apres drinks at the GLC